The womenâ€™s volleyball team stumbled on Thursday, losing 3-1 to the El Camino College Warriors in Torrance.Â
The ECC Warriors came out firing taking the first two games 25-19, and 25-22.Â The Lancers took the third game 25-16, but that was all they could muster, losing the fourth and final game 25-23.
The match took place at El Camino College and the home crowd was out in force.Â In front of the raucous home fans even the warm-ups seemed to take place at a fevered pace.
Coach Tammy Silva noted the mood. â€œThe home crowd was the difference,â€ she said. â€œ[Our team] played more consistently than last game but the crowd was a huge factor.â€
There were miscommunications up front for the Lancers for most of the first two games, resulting in 11 unforced errors in the first game to go along with 13 in the second.Â â€œWe are not going to win with that many unforced errors,â€ said Silva.
Despite the tough loss the Lancers came out in the third game and played well, sparked by good play from both Jackie Valle-Acosta and Kailey Faust.Â Jennifer Estrada also was a great help on defense with 18 defensive digs through all four games, but all proved to be not enough as game three was their only victory.
The loss moves PCC and ECC into a two way tie atop the conference, both with 11-1 conference records.Â The Lancers donâ€™t have much time to reflect on the loss turning around quickly to play Cerritos in the next match-up.Â It is a good match-up to have coming off a loss; the Lancers dominated Cerritos in their last meeting 3-0.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014