For decades, people have been tormented to find an answer. It’s been a discussion that has broken friendships, torn families apart and has people stumped. They’ve been arguing about it since they played in the sandbox and haven’t stopped since then.So what is the question of the century that has people plugging their ears and drowning others out with humming? None other than the great debate of which superhero is better: Batman or Superman?
Superman: Speed of light, ability to fly, x-ray vision, super strength, invulnerability
Batman: Genius, master detective, martial arts expert
It’s brawn over brain in this battle. In a bare man-to-alien brawl, Superman has his foot on the Bat’s chest. The only advantage the not-so super Batman has on the Man of Steel is the smarts, the gadgets and a piece of Kryptonite. Who knows? Maybe then he’ll stand a chance.
The Undercover Identity:
Superman: News reporter
Batman: Billionaire playboy
Having a secret identity hasn’t stopped this superhero from living the good life. According to The Forbes Fictional 15, Bruce Wayne ranked as the seventh richest fictional character with a net worth of $6.8 billion. He’s got money in the bank, ladies at his heels and a shamelessly conspicuous lifestyle. What more can one ask for an alternate persona to have?
Superman: Killed by Doomsday
Batman: Back broken by Bane
Like they say, better off alive than dead. For the Man of Tomorrow, it looks like tomorrow came too soon. So much for Superman’s super power of invulnerability.
The Media Franchise:
Superman: Four movies, ten television shows and about 3,600 comics
Batman: Five movies, nine television shows and about 3,700 comics
Paper speaks for itself and there’s no doubt that superhero buffs want more of the Dark Knight. The Batman movies alone grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide, while Superman grossed $875 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.
The Weaker Weakness:
A rock sure beats out the unfortunate catch-22 of being human. On top of the scarcity of Kryptonite in the world, losing because of a rock doesn’t sound too bad.
Superman: Team Superman: Superboy, Steel, Supergirl, Krypto, Eradicator
Batman: Batman Family: Nightwing, Robin, Oracle, Catwoman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress
Batman’s got a posse that’ll make any rap artist look like a chump. And it sure makes the lines of Superman’s team look thin.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014