PCC’s women’s soccer team won against El Camino College with a score of 3-2 on Nov 4 at Robinson Stadium.
The first half proved both team’s abilities of offense and defense as they made kicks for the goal but with no avail.
The Warriors’ Pamela Mauricios made the first goal of the game in the last 20 minutes of the 1st half.
At the start of the 2nd half, Head Coach Randy Lilavois moved defender Hallie White to forward, which proved to be a wise choice.
White went on to score her first two goals of the season within 13 minutes of the 2nd half, one from a mid-air cross from Vanessa Capra and the other from a pass by Capra as well.
El Camino tied the game with another goal by Mauricio by a corner kick from Warrior Itchel Guzman.
In the last eight minutes of the game, Lancer Mallory Gutierrez pulled out the last goal of the game, which broke the tie.
The last few minutes of the game intense, back and forth shots on goal.
Lancer’s forward Capra assisted on all three goals.
Lancer’s goalie Jessica Capra made five saves total, including a back-to-back save in the 2nd half.
“The girls played well. We were low on [substitutions] with a few injuries so we moved people around…[White], our defender, was moved forward and made two goals. Overall this team is improving and getting more experience,” said Lilavois.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014