Before tying its match against Oxnard College on Sept. 20, the women’s soccer team won against San Jacinto College on Sept. 16. The non-conference match ended with a PCC victory shut out of 3-0.
Mallory Gutierrez managed to score the first goal with an assist from Alexandria Jimenez to keep up her five game goal streak. Reserve goalie Tatiana Cruz made four saves and earned her first collegiate shut out, according to sports information’s Robert Lewis.
At the 25-minute mark a San Jacinto player deflected a corner kick into the goal giving the Lancers their second goal of the game. Then with three minutes left, Vanessa Capra dodged several defenders to score her second goal of the season.
The PCC team was missing several regular players. Brittany Austin, Jessica Capra, Alexandra Dreves and Tori Floyd did not play in this game. But even with the lack of key players, the reserve players managed to do a great job for the team.
The team has now evened its record at 2-2-2 and will face the College of the Sequoias on Sept. 23 at 4 p.m.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014