The Lancers, led by a strong defense that forced three fumbles, defeated L.A Harbor this past weekend to break their six game losing streak, and get the team’s first win in over a month.
The defense was the strong point in this game for PCC, as the turnovers allowed the Lancers to run the ball, something they have been doing very well all year. They finished the game with 36 minutes time of possession, one stat the Lancers like to hang their hat on.
“Credit to our defensive coordinator Marc Paramo,” said Head Coach Steven Mojarro. “He tried a new scheme and even played some offensive players on defense.”
One of those players was Forest Fajardo, a wide receiver who led the team in tackles this game while also grabbing four catches for 44 yards.
“It was fun getting out there and playing some defense,” said Fajardo. “ I hope the coaches let me play more defense next week.”
The Lancers next game will conclude their 2018 season with a game against Santa Barbara. It will be the final game of a disappointing season, but coach Mojarro is excited and believes his team learned many lessons from this season.
“No one should go through what these kids endured during this season,” coach Mojarro said about his team’s close losses. “But this will build character and show them that hard work does eventually pay off.”
One player who echoed the sentiments of his coach was S
ultaan Sullivan. Sullivan who led the team in rushing yards this season with 688 yards was also proud of how his team performed through the adversity.
“After all those losses it would have been easy to just quit,” Sullivan said. “But we worked hard and we were able to get a win.”
The Lancers look to end the season on a high note with a win against Santa Barbara this upcoming Saturday at 1 p.m. in Santa Barbara.
- A Halloween block party that’s dead for all the wrong reasons - November 7, 2018
- Lancers lose their losing streak at L.A. Harbor - November 7, 2018
- Losing streak continues as Lancers can’t overcome turnovers. - October 30, 2018
- Trump VS. the world - June 12, 2017
- Lil Yachty needs to outgrow his ‘Teenage Emotions’ - May 30, 2017
- Super Burger, not so super - May 10, 2017
- Associated Students Meeting: May 3, 2017 - May 4, 2017
- Everyone can be a hero by overcoming shyness - April 1, 2017
- ‘Suckers’ for art celebrate 30th anniversary of Artist-in-Residence program - March 10, 2017
- Police Blotter: Lot 4 prone to car vandalism and damage - February 28, 2017