PCC President Paulette Perfumo rolled out her 2020 Vision plan to journalism students Thursday.As part of the 2020 Vision plan, Perfumo plans to focus on providing the latest technology to the various departments of PCC.
“Technology touches every part of our lives,” Perfumo explained about the $7 million contract with Verizon. Under this contract, Verizon will lay down the necessary infrastructure to have the latest technology available to all students and faculty.
She also proposed an integrated database management system, which will incorporate and link the different systems at PCC. This database system promises to deliver real time information to registering students. In addition, it will also provide faculty a way to remotely manage grades and other information related to their classes.
However, the core of this system will be an integration of various systems already in place. The current systems have no way of communicating with each other and therefore increase the likelihood of input error when dealing with students, faculty or auxiliary staff, said Perfumo.
The groundbreaking for this new project will be on Oct. 17 at 4 p.m. Many high profile civic leaders, including the mayor of Pasadena, will be present. The groundbreaking will take place in front of the CC lounge. The renovation of this building is the first phase of the new technological network that will be implemented throughout the campus.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014