People hopping over to ArtMarket on Sunday to check out how they can patronize the local artistic students are also being entertained by a range of eclectic sounds and melodic eccentricity.Performances by local and not-so-local recording artists and musicians will be held in the courtyard at the One Colorado Plaza for a low fee of absolutely nothing.
The line-up includes acts from Dengue Fever. Los Angeles Times, BBC, NPR and New York Times have praised them and they have topped the lists with Amazon.
Recording artist Jessie Baylin is also performing. Her album ‘You’ was produced by Grammy award winner Jesse Harris produced her album ‘You’. She has also toured with John Mayer and James Morrison.
Former Tijuana No vocalist Ceci Bastida will share the stage with the other performers. She was in residence at the Knitting Factory in September. Bastida was one of the first women to lead a band in Latin rock music.
Also to take the stage will be Culver City natives Culver City Dub Collective, their most recent album features collaborations with recording stars like Ben Harper.
This lineup offers a generous blend of rock, reggae, jazz and pop from artists who come from different parts of the world. All brought to you by 89.9 KCRW and Old Pasadena Management District.
- EDITORIAL: Apologize about the real problem - April 23, 2014
- STATEMENT: District apologizes to Oscar winning alum - April 21, 2014
- EDITORIAL: The Forgotten Students - March 26, 2014
- 18-year-old charged with murder pleads not guilty - February 26, 2014
- College opposes Chick-fil-A’s plans to open near campus - February 20, 2014
- Friends, family grieve over fatal shooting of PCC nursing student - February 18, 2014
- Academic Senate still at opposite ends with administration - February 12, 2014
- Is the end of the hardcover book approaching? - February 1, 2014
- Dance class, a place to embody your homework - January 30, 2014
- Artist in Residence “Yes No” exhibit opens soon - January 29, 2014